|Damage to Passport Covers|
Advisory No. 01-2012
2 July 2012
DAMAGE TO PASSPORT COVERS
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been aware of certain cases where the cover of Philippine passports have detached or otherwise been damaged.
The DFA and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, who manufactures the actual passport booklets, are well aware of this issue and have been taking steps to address the incidents involving detached covers and pages of the of the new Philippine ePassport. The DFA and BSP wish to assure the public that these are random and isolated cases.
To rectify the situation, which has been observed when the ePassports were initially issued in 2009, the BSP Production Unit has been applying spine reinforcement tape, which secures the stitching of the eCovers to the inside pages of the ePassport, thus making it difficult to detach them unless deliberate acts are made to remove them.
The DFA is advising all ePassport holders with detached ePassports to proceed immediately to the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv for replacement.
For your guidance.
GENEROSO D. G. CALONGE
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Indicative List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filipino Workers in Israel for 2016
- COMELEC Resolution No. 10005
- Holidays for November 2015
- Final Week of Overseas Voters Registration in Israel
- Security Advisory 14 October 2015
- Lighting of the Christmas Tree Ceremony 2015
- Advisory on Pyramiding/Networking/Investment-Taking Activities and Schemes in Israel
- Security Advisory for Filipinos in Israel 6 October 2015
- Security Advisory for Filipinos in Jerusalem 20 September 2015
- Notice of Deactivation of the Registraion Records of Registered Overseas Voters
- Announcement of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas on the Replacement Process of the Old Bank Notes (New Design Series) with the New Generation Currency Banknotes
- Holidays for September and October 2015
- Holiday for August 2015
- Advisory on SUCCESS200 INTERNATIONAL MARKETING CORPORATION, aka SUCCESS200
- 2015 Census of Population