|Damage to Passport Covers|
Advisory No. 01-2012
2 July 2012
DAMAGE TO PASSPORT COVERS
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been aware of certain cases where the cover of Philippine passports have detached or otherwise been damaged.
The DFA and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, who manufactures the actual passport booklets, are well aware of this issue and have been taking steps to address the incidents involving detached covers and pages of the of the new Philippine ePassport. The DFA and BSP wish to assure the public that these are random and isolated cases.
To rectify the situation, which has been observed when the ePassports were initially issued in 2009, the BSP Production Unit has been applying spine reinforcement tape, which secures the stitching of the eCovers to the inside pages of the ePassport, thus making it difficult to detach them unless deliberate acts are made to remove them.
The DFA is advising all ePassport holders with detached ePassports to proceed immediately to the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv for replacement.
For your guidance.
GENEROSO D. G. CALONGE
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Requirements for First Time Adult Passport Applications with Delayed Registered Birth
- Clarifications on the Expedited Fee for Consular Services
- Announcement on Consular Services
- New Modus Operandi of Filipino Drug Traffickers in Israel; Five Filipinos Arrested
- Requirements for the Renewal of Green Passport and Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
- Embassy Advisory on Illegal Drugs in Israel
- Statement of the Philippine Embassy on the Shooting in Tel Aviv
- Paalala Para Sa Lahat ng Pilipino sa Israel
- 2016 Presidential Awards for Filipino Individuals and Organizations Overseas
- Announcement on the Legalization and Notarization of Documents
- Security Advisory - 9 March 2016
- Application for the 2016 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Paalala sa Paniningil at Pagbayad ng Placement Fee sa Israel
- Calidad Humana - Kapwa Charter Making Competition
- Overseas Voter's IDs Now Available at the Embassy