|Damage to Passport Covers|
Advisory No. 01-2012
2 July 2012
DAMAGE TO PASSPORT COVERS
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been aware of certain cases where the cover of Philippine passports have detached or otherwise been damaged.
The DFA and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, who manufactures the actual passport booklets, are well aware of this issue and have been taking steps to address the incidents involving detached covers and pages of the of the new Philippine ePassport. The DFA and BSP wish to assure the public that these are random and isolated cases.
To rectify the situation, which has been observed when the ePassports were initially issued in 2009, the BSP Production Unit has been applying spine reinforcement tape, which secures the stitching of the eCovers to the inside pages of the ePassport, thus making it difficult to detach them unless deliberate acts are made to remove them.
The DFA is advising all ePassport holders with detached ePassports to proceed immediately to the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv for replacement.
For your guidance.
GENEROSO D. G. CALONGE
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Indicative List of Holidays for Filipino Workers 2014
- Update on the Donations for the Victims of Typhoon Yolanda
- Cash Donations for the Victims of Typhoon Haiyan
- Voluntary Donations for Zamboanga
- Deadline for Submission of Nominations for the Search for the 2103 Bagong Bayani Awards
- DTI and AISL sign MOA to curb undelivered balikbayan boxes
- Emergency Advisory No 4
- Emergency Advisory No 3
- Long-Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE)
- 2013 FSO Examination Announcement
- Damage to Passport Covers
- Bureau of Immigration Requirements for Visa-Upon-Arrival Facilities for Chinese Nationals Arriving to the Philippines as Part of Tour Groups or Individuals Handled by Group Operators
- Guidance and Counselling Program of the Commission on Filipino Overseas for Filipino Spouses and Partners of Foreign Nationals
- New Guidelines on Acquiring Israeli Visas for Caregivers
- Lingkod sa Kapwa Pilipino (LINKAPIL) Program