|Damage to Passport Covers|
Advisory No. 01-2012
2 July 2012
DAMAGE TO PASSPORT COVERS
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been aware of certain cases where the cover of Philippine passports have detached or otherwise been damaged.
The DFA and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, who manufactures the actual passport booklets, are well aware of this issue and have been taking steps to address the incidents involving detached covers and pages of the of the new Philippine ePassport. The DFA and BSP wish to assure the public that these are random and isolated cases.
To rectify the situation, which has been observed when the ePassports were initially issued in 2009, the BSP Production Unit has been applying spine reinforcement tape, which secures the stitching of the eCovers to the inside pages of the ePassport, thus making it difficult to detach them unless deliberate acts are made to remove them.
The DFA is advising all ePassport holders with detached ePassports to proceed immediately to the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv for replacement.
For your guidance.
GENEROSO D. G. CALONGE
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Additional Holidays in May 2016
- 2016 Presidential Awards for Filipino Individuals and Organizations Overseas
- Holidays in May 2016
- Announcement on the Legalization and Notarization of Documents
- Security Advisory - 9 March 2016
- Application for the 2016 Foreign Service Officer (FSO) Examination
- Paalala sa Paniningil at Pagbayad ng Placement Fee sa Israel
- Calidad Humana - Kapwa Charter Making Competition
- Overseas Voter's IDs Now Available at the Embassy
- Advisory on Filipino Food Products
- Advisory on Illegal Gambling of Filipinos in Israel
- Indicative List of Holidays & Vacations / Annual Leave for Filipino Workers in Israel for 2016
- Security Advisory 14 October 2015
- Advisory on Pyramiding/Networking/Investment-Taking Activities and Schemes in Israel
- Security Advisory for Filipinos in Israel 6 October 2015