|Damage to Passport Covers|
Advisory No. 01-2012
2 July 2012
DAMAGE TO PASSPORT COVERS
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been aware of certain cases where the cover of Philippine passports have detached or otherwise been damaged.
The DFA and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, who manufactures the actual passport booklets, are well aware of this issue and have been taking steps to address the incidents involving detached covers and pages of the of the new Philippine ePassport. The DFA and BSP wish to assure the public that these are random and isolated cases.
To rectify the situation, which has been observed when the ePassports were initially issued in 2009, the BSP Production Unit has been applying spine reinforcement tape, which secures the stitching of the eCovers to the inside pages of the ePassport, thus making it difficult to detach them unless deliberate acts are made to remove them.
The DFA is advising all ePassport holders with detached ePassports to proceed immediately to the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv for replacement.
For your guidance.
GENEROSO D. G. CALONGE
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Holidays for August 2014
- Holiday for July 2014
- List of SIRV Holders Who Must Update Reports of Their Investments
- EMERGENCY ADVISORY NO. 5
- EMERGENCY ADVISORY NO. 6
- Meeting on Applications for Registration/Certification of Overseas Voters
- Deadline for the Submission of Application for the 2014 FSO Examinations
- Holidays for June 2014
- Notice of Registration and Election to All Filipino Citizens
- 2014 FSO Qualifying Test
- Holidays for May 2014
- Holidays for April 2014
- Indicative List of Holidays for Filipino Workers 2014
- Update on the Donations for the Victims of Typhoon Yolanda
- Cash Donations for the Victims of Typhoon Haiyan