|Damage to Passport Covers|
Advisory No. 01-2012
2 July 2012
DAMAGE TO PASSPORT COVERS
The Department of Foreign Affairs has been aware of certain cases where the cover of Philippine passports have detached or otherwise been damaged.
The DFA and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, who manufactures the actual passport booklets, are well aware of this issue and have been taking steps to address the incidents involving detached covers and pages of the of the new Philippine ePassport. The DFA and BSP wish to assure the public that these are random and isolated cases.
To rectify the situation, which has been observed when the ePassports were initially issued in 2009, the BSP Production Unit has been applying spine reinforcement tape, which secures the stitching of the eCovers to the inside pages of the ePassport, thus making it difficult to detach them unless deliberate acts are made to remove them.
The DFA is advising all ePassport holders with detached ePassports to proceed immediately to the Philippine Embassy in Tel Aviv for replacement.
For your guidance.
GENEROSO D. G. CALONGE
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
Rehov Bnei Dan 18
Tel Aviv-Yafo, 62260 Israel
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Announcement on Passports
- Medical Mission for Women and Children on 14 March 2015
- Holidays for February 2015
- Travel Advisory to Northern Israel
- Resident Election Registration Board (RERB) Hearing on 19 January 2015
- Advisory to Filipinos in Israel on Illegal Recruitment
- Andrea O. Veneracion International Choral Festival
- Indicative List of Holidays and Vacations / Annual Leave for Filipino Workers in Israel for 2015
- Deferment of the Implementation of the International Passenger Service Charge Integration Program
- Resident Election Registration Board (RERB) Hearing on 17 November 2014
- Emergency Advisory No. 7
- Program of the Board Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (BLEPT) in Tel Aviv, Israel on November 16, 2014
- Names of the Registered Overseas Voters in Israel Whose Voters' ID Have Been Returned to OFOV-COMELEC
- Special Professional Licensure Board Examination (SPBLE) for Teachers on 16 November 2014
- Airport Terminal Fee Charges to Start on 1 November 2014